Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-AR41M camera (VGP-VCC6) has no video preview

Stubie
Visitor

VGN-AR41M camera (VGP-VCC6) has no video preview

I got my new notebook a couple of weeks ago and I was using the camera to record videos. I had a preview of the video while it was recording until today. I'm not sure what's changed since then, but there doesn't seem to be much I can do about it.

I've restarted. I've tried different applications (Pinnacle Studio Plus 11, the frame changing part of the camera utility) but I don't get a preview at all.

The actual recording of video works just fine, but I can't see anything on the screen before or during the recording.

Microsoft has some information which seems relevant, but there's nowhere to actually download the hotfix, just a bunch of information about it. I can't find the file versions listed on that page, either.

Is there any chance I can get support for my notebook from Sony before I have to call Microsoft on a telephone and spend 50 minutes going though "have you restarted your computer?" etc.?

Regards,
Stuart.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Stuart and welcome to Club Vaio,

Try the attached Hotfix KB 931812 first: -

Stubie
Visitor

Hi, thanks for the welcome.

The update tells me it does not apply to my system. Also, the preview miraculously began working earlier on (before the attempted patch), not sure why.

Thanks a lot anyway. :slight_smile:

Stubie
Visitor

Double-post, very un-cool I know...

It now totally fails to work. I've posted a message in another thread saying what's wrong, but blah! How can it be so pathetic? I get a message saying it's failed to initialise and I should check if any other software is accessing the camera, which it is not.

The guy in another thread said they sent him a step-by-step set of instructions, but all I see is some sort of document full of his personal information. 😕