Join now - be part of our community!

[VGN-C1Z/B] Internal MMS Pro Duo Card Reader Not Working

Channi3
Visitor

[VGN-C1Z/B] Internal MMS Pro Duo Card Reader Not Working

Hi guys,

I just recently noticed that my internal card reader has not been working, and there is no icon in My computer.

Just to mention, i did perform a clean windows install, and then installing of the drivers manually. I checked the device manager and everything seems to be fine.

I tried downloading the memory stick drivers, but it failed to install. Theres also a 'flashmedia' folder in the drivers folder on my vaio c:\ drive. theres a driver called t21sony.inf, i right-clicked and clicked install but nothing happens

anyone have any ideas to how i can resolve this problem?

thanks!
-channi3

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Channi3

Have you tried installing the driver from Device Manager?

1. Find the device in Device Manager -> Disc Drives (or look for an uninsalled USB device) and double-click on it.
2. Go to Driver tab and select Update Driver.
3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.
4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
5. Select Have Disk....
6. Select Browse....
7. Browse to your back-up driver .inf file. (C:\Drivers\Flashmedia\t21Sony.inf)
8. Next ..........
9. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".
10. Close & Re-Boot

:wink:

Channi3
Visitor

Yes i have tried looking into my Device Manager, but I don't have 'unknown' USB or connected devices that haven't been installed.

What I assume is that one of the generic drivers from windows update has installed over the memory card reader. Thus causing problems operating the reader.

All i probably need to do is overwrite that driver with the t21sony.inf file provided by Sony. But the problem is that i cannot locate the installed card reader in Device Manager.

Is there a way to just install the "t21sony.inf" without actually finding the device?

Thanks