Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-CR29XN: Motion Eye Unknown Device

profile.country.sv_SE.title
Toommmmmmmy
Visitor

VGN-CR29XN: Motion Eye Unknown Device

Hi all!

I have a notebook VGN-CR29XN and had a harddisc crash, when I have installed Windows Vista then my webcam device dont work and ar listed under Image Device as Unknown Device.

Where can I find the driver for my Motion Eye device?

I have download all Driver and Utilities from sonys FTP host and nothing works.

This is my hardware Ids from device manager:

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870

Regards,

Tommy

22 REPLIES 22
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tommy,

The Microsoft driver (usbvideo.sys) for your Motion Eye camera should work but possibly the initial setup failed to find it.

Open Device Manager and right click the Unknown Device and select update driver software. On the next window click on Browse my computer for driver software, then browse to the folder C:\Windows\inf, click open and then click next. This should then install the correct driver.

If that fails to work then repeat the process but after selecting C:Windows.inf and clicking ‘Open’ select ‘Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer. On the next window click ‘Have Disk...’ and browse to usbvideo.inf. Click ‘Open’ and then ‘OK and finally ‘Next’.

This should hopefully install the driver.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Toommmmmmmy
Visitor

Hi Rich,

I now have a new device under Image Device "USB Video Device" but the webcam does not work it's says no installed webcam, I have restart the omputer.

And now I also have  an "Unknown Device" in "Other Devices" with hardware Ids:

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100&MI_02

USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&MI_02

Thank You

Tommy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

My apologies as I think that I have mislead you – I thought that you model was newer than it is.

You need to install the Ricoh Camera Driver which is contained in the Original Drivers package:

http://support.vaio.sony.eu/computing/vaio/downloads/preinstalled/index.aspx?l=en_GB&m=VGN-CR29XN_B

Download and the camera driver and extract this to a known location (A new folder on the desktop would be easy to find). Then follow the update driver instructions above for the ‘Have Disk’ option and browse to the extracted location. The file that you need to point to is R5U870FL.inf.

The result should be a device listed as Sony Visual Communications Camera in Device Manager.

Sorry for the confusion.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Toommmmmmmy
Visitor

You dont have to be sorry, This is the first place someon can help me :slight_smile:
It worked to install the driver and i now have a Image Device "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6"
But I still have a "Unknown Device" in "Other Devices" is it an usbsound driver or something missing?
With hardware Ids:
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100&MI_02
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&MI_02
The Image Device driver HardwareIds are:
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&REV_0100&MI_00
USB\VID_05CA&PID_1870&MI_00
Regards,
Tommy

Message was edited by: Toommmmmmmy

Message was edited by: Toommmmmmmy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tommy,

The hardware ID would seem to indicate that the unknown USB device is an unnecessary duplicate of the imaging device.

Right click this, select Uninstall and then reboot. Hopefully this will remove the device permanently.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Toommmmmmmy
Visitor

Hi again Rich,

the device are still there after uninstall and reboot

Tommy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tommy,

Try entering Safe Mode (Tap F8 at boot when you see the Vaio logo and select Safe Mode), open Device Manager, delete the unknown device and reboot normally.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Toommmmmmmy
Visitor

Hi,

did't remove the device.

in windows update I found Hp webcam update but it fails on installation with code 80070103

/Tommy

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tommy,

I’m a tad confused now. Why are you trying an Hp webcam update? Never install Windows updates that are not relevant to your machine.

Is the camera now working or are there still problems apart from the Unknown Device?

If the camera is working then unless anyone has further suggestions I would just ignore the presence of an unknown device.

If the camera is not functioning then uninstall both the unknown device and the "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6" and reboot. Hopefully you will then have either "Sony Visual Communication Camera VGP-VCC6" or one unknown device. If the latter then update the driver using the ‘Have Disk’ option above and point the installer to R5U870FL.inf.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat