Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-FE31M Display Colours Problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Kronos555
Visitor

VGN-FE31M Display Colours Problems

Hi, i have a VGN-FE31M, had it for some time now and i love the screen and display, its why i bought it really but now i have a problem. It was working all ok and i was watching a movie on it and suddenly the colours all went crazy. I shut the machine down and restarted and it was working ok but about 5mins later the same thing happened again. Now im stuck with this faulty display, everything looks pink. Im not sure what the problem is, if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

P.S. even the Windows Startup logo and Vaio logo show the colour problem too.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi Kronos555,

welcome to Club VAIO Questions & Answers Discussion forum..:smileyhappy:

Unfortunately I suspect your problem could be hardware related, possibly either graphics or screen related..:smileysad:

Do you get the same pink screen when in safe mode.?

To enter safe mode restart your Vaio and when you see the Vaio logo press the F8 key repeatedly..

Try connecting your Vaio to an external monitor, this should help you identify the cause of the problem..

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the problem exists before the Windows driver loads, the most likely cause is a hardware issue with the LCD screen itself.

Try connecting to an external monitor by VGA cable and see if the problem shows up there.  If it doesn't and the monitor is OK then the laptop screen itself or the connecting cables to the motherboard are probably faulty and will need repair.  If it is the screen itself, replacement may be uneconomical unless you can find the parts on eBay.  If the monitor image shows the same problems then you may have a motherboard or GPU fault which would be uneconomical to replace.

Not good news - you could try a full recovery of the OS to eliminate a software problem but from what you say, I think a repair will be needed.

:slight_frown: