Join now - be part of our community!

VGN FS415E Crashing or very slow

barryg
Visitor

VGN FS415E Crashing or very slow

Hi
I have my vaio for about 2 months now. I have been having problems with it. It will just go to what seems like 1/8th speed for example a system boot up can take up to 5 minutes. This seems to happen after i am using the DVD drive not every time though. The computer just goes so slow. It took 2 hours to burn 1 data cd. The only thing that i have done to resolve this is restore the system to a previous date It will operate then fine but only for a while. I have run symantec virus scans, windows one care scan, system is fully upto date. Also onece when i was copying data from dvd to harddrive the process stopped and there was no visable dvd drive in my computer?? rebooted and everything then super slow but the drive was visable again so i did a system recovery and all was well again. for a few days now also if i right click on a file to send it to the cd drive there is no cd drive in the list. and if i insert a blank cd and try to open the cd drive i get message cd drive not accessable, however i can write data to the cd using Roxio.

Any Help would be greatly appreciated.
Barry

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Sounds very bad to me, have you spoken to VAIO-Link?
Maybe you need to use tune up utilities?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

There is a conflict between Roxio and Click to DVD which causes drive letters to disappear. There is a supposed fix for Click to DVD on Vaio-Link dated 14/03/06.

My preferred solution is to uninstall Roxio and use Nero - it seems a lot more stable.

If you look back through this forum, you will see that lots of users have had a very slow boot times of up to five minutes which miraculously becomes about 40 seconds when Norton is uninstalled. Norton seems to use far too much of the system's resources.

As Kee-Lo has suggested Tune-Up also speeds up your PC.

:tired:

johannahroome
Visitor

Not logged in for a while and just saw your problem. I also had similar problems to you with my Vaio, my problems were down to the actual DVD drive failing and it had to go back to Sony, this has happened twice and both times it went back, so possibly it is the same with yours! But BEWARE last time Sony had it 7 WEEKS!!:smileygrin:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I think I would try uninstalling Roxio first and seeing if that helps - could save a lot of hassle!!

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think I would try uninstalling Roxio first and seeing if that helps - could save a lot of hassle!!

I second that