Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-G11XN TV-OUT

profile.country.en_GB.title
migonza21
New

VGN-G11XN TV-OUT

I bough this VAIO a couple of years ago and I am very satisfied with it, Now I would like to watch some iTunes videos on my Sony TV. I wonder if I could do this through the VGA output connector.

I believe the internal graphics chip is capable of TV-Out but I am not sure if Sony made use of this capability for this model.

The User Manual, ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/Notebooks/G1/G1_H_EN.pdf, does not mention the possibility.

I got a VGA-TV cable adapter, connected TV and laptop but it didn't work.

I wonder if any of you guys with more knowledge on this model could tell me if it is capable of TV-Out or if I definitively should invest on a TV-Out PCMCIA card.

Thank you for any comment or link to more info.

Miguel.

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Miguel and welcome.

The only video output from the G-Series Vaio is the VGA Monitor output. Unfortunately this gives a RGB video signal and very few TVs will have a RGB input.

You will need to convert the signal to AV (Composite Video or S-Video)and to do this you will need a signal converter.

Any of these converters here will do the trick: -

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_ss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=av+to+vga+converter&x=17&y...

Unfortunately they are more expensive than the cable! You will also need a cable for the sound - from your headphone socket to the TV's Audio RCA inputs.

:wink:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Which Sony TV do you have?

Some Sony TVs do have a VGA (RGB) input.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
migonza21
New

Thanks a lot for your help.

My Sony TV is around 7-8 years old, it has not a VGA input.

Again, thanks a lot for your help.

Miguel.