Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-N31M - touchpad button problem

profile.country.en_GB.title
Sebastian
Visitor

VGN-N31M - touchpad button problem

Hi,

Thanks to help received earlier from here, I've removed the keyboard and top-panel from my Notebook as I have the following problem:

Touchpad works fine.

Right touchpad button works fine.

Left touchpad button is intermittent.

If I press hard, I can get it to work (it seems that if I change where I press on the button can make a difference, but that's not consistent. Sometimes I have to press in the middle or to one side, top or bottom, or the other - but, as said, none of those techniques are reliable). Double-clicking is almost a complete no-no.

I've checked the plastic button-connector which seems fine (indeed, there is evidence of the "cross" connecting on the actual motherboard's touchpad button).

I know I can set the right-hand button to perform the left-hand button tasks (but I also regularly need the right-hand button menu item availability). Alternatively, I can plug a USB mouse in - but that's not always practical.

I've dry-cleaned the area of dust (but the motherboard mouse-buttons are sealed blocks, in any case). No joy.

Probably answered my own question here, really, in that it's a lost-cause but I would be grateful if someone COULD provide a realistic solution.

Thanks for reading.:smileyhappy:

Seb

0 REPLIES 0