Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR10E/S

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
cwathen
Visitor

VGN-NR10E/S

THE FUNCTION BUTTONS NO LONGER WORK ON MY VAIO LAPTON.  ANY IDEAS ANYONE?  THANKS

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cwathen

The required utilities are contained in the original utilities package, under pre-installed drivers and utilities, on the link I provided.

Capture.JPG

This will download a Zip file. Once downloaded extract the file to a known location (right click the file and select ‘Extract’. Then run the Setup.exe contained in each of the named folders.

Alternatively open your C drive and look for a folder named ‘Utils’ in the root of the drive. This should contain sub-folders named Sony Shared Library, VAIO Event Service and VAIO Control Center. Run Setup.exe from within each folder by double clicking.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cwathen,

Assuming that you are using the pre-installed operating system re-install the following utilities in order.

Sony Shared Library

VAIO Event Service

VAIO Control Center

Also, if you have installed your own OS, the SFEP driver needs to be correctly installed (first) in Device Manager.

You should find the utilities on your hard drive C:\Utilis and the SFEP driver C:\Drivers.

A reboot may be necessary.

If you cannot find the drivers and utilities on your hard drive they can be downloaded from the following location.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-NR10E_S/updates

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cwathen
Visitor

Thanks for your reply.

Sorry, I am not very experienced at this.  I could find Vaio Event Service and Vaio Control Centre (not under utilities) but not Sony Shared Library but I have no idea how to reinstall these.  I also followed the link to the updates but could not find them on there.

Thanks for your patience.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi cwathen

The required utilities are contained in the original utilities package, under pre-installed drivers and utilities, on the link I provided.

Capture.JPG

This will download a Zip file. Once downloaded extract the file to a known location (right click the file and select ‘Extract’. Then run the Setup.exe contained in each of the named folders.

Alternatively open your C drive and look for a folder named ‘Utils’ in the root of the drive. This should contain sub-folders named Sony Shared Library, VAIO Event Service and VAIO Control Center. Run Setup.exe from within each folder by double clicking.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
cwathen
Visitor

Thanks - it worked.  Brilliant.  

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

You're  welcome cwathen :slight_smile:

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat