Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NR38E laptop "System restore did not complete successfully????????

profile.country.en_GB.title
dimples3
Visitor

VGN-NR38E laptop "System restore did not complete successfully????????

Help!!

Had to format my c drive and managed to install very thing back on, but today had a problem with speaker & sound for computer said i had no audio ect... so i did a system restore but came up with the error message      " System restore did not complete successfully. Your computer's system files and setting were not changed"

So i un did restore...same error message! after undoing my restore...........

How do i correct this, think because i formatted disk back to default settings, system restore doesn't work anymore many it can't find a restore point???? OMG really have no idea...what to do.

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Was there more to the error message that may give a clue?

Have you tried running System Restore in Safe Mode?

Have you got Norton on your computer?  If so you may have to go to Miscellaneous Settings  and temporarily turn off any protection for Norton.  I can't remember if it called Tamper Protection or something like that.

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
dimples3
Visitor

Hello Blencogo

Thank you for your reply, done a little bit of homework myself on another website visaheads?? specially for visa users only.

Believe it or not they were saying the same as you, try safe mode or if you have Norton turn it of before you do a system restore.

And yes I do have Norton, tried it in safe mode and it worked!! haven't as yet tried to do when you turn of Norton think the thought of it scare's me, and I don't turn everything back on and leave my computer open to attacks!

Will look at maybe a different anti vises software for near future do you have any recommendations?

Want to un-install Internet explorer as it's being a pain, when I open my Hotmail an read emails, I tend to not have any problems, only a facebook e-mail if I try to delete or read the e-mail my Internet explorer shuts down!!

Only on my Sony laptop not on anyone's else!! So I thought I would uninstall then reinstall to see if this would work....but how do you uninstall Internet explorer???

Dimp'sx:smileyconfused: