Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-NS20E Vista Drivers

SteHarro
Visitor

VGN-NS20E Vista Drivers

i have recently reinstalled my operating system for the laptop and found that the wireless network drivers have dissapeared, i went on the website and downloaded the drivers but now do not know what to do with them can anyone help me with them?

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

You need to download the correct driver from here: -

http://support.vaio.sony.co.uk/downloads/preinstalled/preinstalled.asp?site=voe_en_GB_cons&m=7159

There are two drivers listed so you need to look in Device Manager to find the Network Adapter with the yellow warning next to it and find out if your adapter is Intel or LAN Express and download the correct one.

To install the Intel PROWireless driver
1. Extract the downloaded ZIP file by right-clicking on it and choosing "Extract All"
2. Choose to extract to C:\Drivers
3. In the extracted files double-click on DPInst32.EXE
4. Reboot

To install the LAN Express driver
1. Extract the downloaded ZIP file by right-clicking on it and choosing "Extract All"
2. Choose to extract to C:\Drivers
3. In the extracted files double-click on SETUP.EXE
4. Reboot

:wink:

profile.country.pt_PT.title
saeedkhan84
Visitor

I downloaded the ethernet driver from above mentioned link but it hasn't any setup.exe after extracting. It has only 1.37 MB file size.

Can some body help me out. I need ethernet driver for VGN-NS20E for vista 32 bit.

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Ethernet Driver must be installed from within Device Manager.

1. Find the Network device with a yellow warning ! in Device Manager and double-click on it.

2. Go to Driver tab and select Update Driver.

3. Select Browse my computer for driver software.

4. Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

5. Select Have Disk....

6. Select Browse....

7. Browse to the folder that contains your back-up driver .inf file. (\\Drivers\Ethernet Driver (Marvell)\yk60x86.INF)

8. Next ..........

9. If you get a warning screen, select "Install Anyway".

10. Close & Re-Boot

:wink: