Join now - be part of our community!

vgn nw24s

pilgrimkenna
Visitor

vgn nw24s

hi there

newbie here. bought the above laptop at the weekend from a sony centre and love it. i just wanted to do a bit of reading up about it online and look at price of extra battery but am struggling to find any infromation about it, its not even listed for sale on sonys website? anyone know why there appears to be little reference to this machine?

also, it comes with window 7 on it but no disc. can someone explain what i would do if i need to install a new operating system if something went wrong? how can i burn an image of it and how many dvd would it be?

thanks

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.de_DE.title
itbroker
Visitor

Welcome to ClubVaio Pilgrimkenna,

ALL info that you need about the VGN-NW24S you can found in our support section, here...

Take a look around, you have many possibilities to find out the info that you need...

- User Guide, here...
- Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide, here...

First of ALL ! Create your recovery discs immediately. here... (PAGE 06)

Windows 07 : I did not found your computer in the list of elegible models to Windows 7 upgrade.

NW series

VGN-NW11S/S
VGN-NW11S/T
VGN-NW11SR/S
VGN-NW11Z/S
VGN-NW11Z/T
VGN-NW11ZR/S
VGN-NW12Z/S
VGN-NW12Z/T

So... IF your unit is not part of the Windows 7 Upgrade Program.

Sony wrote specific instructions about...

If your unit is not eligible for the Windows 7 Upgrade Program, then please consider below:

1. Check whether drivers are available for your VAIO:

o If the pre-installed Operating System on your unit is Windows Vista, you can expect
that the majority of Windows Vista drivers will work under a retail version of Windows
o If the pre-installed operating system on your unit is Windows XP or older,
compatible drivers are not available, Sony VAIO Support cannot assist you with the
upgrade. For more information about upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7, please refer
to http://windows.microsoft.com/en-GB/windows7/help/upgrading-from-windows-xp-to-
windows-7.

2. You need to purchase a retail version of Windows 7, either from Microsoft directly or
from a dealer.

3. Sony cannot assume any responsibility for stability and performance issues after this
upgrade.

4. While the primary functions of your VAIO are expected to work, some minor features
e.g. hotkeys to change sound volume may not work.

5. We advise to back up data prior to starting any Windows7 Upgrade.

6. Verify whether you created Recovery DVDs to be able to return the VAIO to delivery state.

7. Note that Sony VAIO Support cannot assist you with the upgrade.

Regarding the battery...

Please, call Sony Style directly : (UK) Buy online or call: 0845 6000124

pilgrimkenna
Visitor

Hi ItBroker

Many thanks for your response and for the links provided, will keep me going I think.

I am confused about the Windows 7, as my model has it installed and working fine...

Also, Is there any reason why there appears to be a lack of info on this model? Is it an old model not being made any more of something?

pilgrimkenna
Visitor

looking at the spec all that is list on the vaio support page is

Operating System
Operating System
Windows 7 Professional 64

Multimedia
Audio Chipset
ALC889 -
Connectivity

Additional Information
Warranty

just seems to be a distinct lack of info on this model, is this normal?

itbroker
Visitor

Let me check with Sony directly. I need a feel days to give you a feedback...

itbroker
Visitor

I received the feedback that the issue had been fixed.