Join now - be part of our community!

VGN-S3HP cooling fan running non-stop very loudy and uncomfortably hot

Shogie
Visitor

VGN-S3HP cooling fan running non-stop very loudy and uncomfortably hot

hello
I have had my VGNS3HP for the past 2 and a half years and i have been pleased with it.
but, within the past year to a year and a half ago, the fan has started to run non-stop very loudly. also, above where i think the hard-drive is, it is uncomfortable to rest my hand on as it is so hot. I have downloaded MobileMeter and here are my results although im not sure what i should tell but this is what i see-
frequency - 1.60 Ghz
Temperature - 70 C
Charge rate - 1.62w
HDD #0 - 55.0 C

Well those are my results and to me... that is very hot I use my computer in a well ventilated area and i have tried blowing the dust out the vents with compressed air which i will try again when i get my hands on the compressed air again soon.

also i cannot consider getting a new laptop as i am not allowed a new one until next year... i will be getting a desktop as of next year.

Please help, Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Shogie,

70 degrees is quite hot for a Pentium M - but I have heard of much hotter temperatures. The air vents are probably obstructed.

I would attack it with the compressed air because the S-Series is not that easy to take apart to clean the vents.

:wink:

Shogie
Visitor

Compressed air did quite a lot of help, but the fan still keeps going but occasionally stops which is nice :slight_smile: it only sometimes goes really loud ... but I wish it would just only go on sometimes...

[Edit]
When i connected 2 usb's my fan suddenly started to get really loud again. Could the problem be that the laptop can't handle many external devices?