Join now - be part of our community!

vgn-s4m: from HOME to PROFESSIONAL

ciccione
Visitor

vgn-s4m: from HOME to PROFESSIONAL

hi to everyone,

i am thinking to change OS, i would to move from XP home edition to XP professional.
It s possible have a short way for this?or better, i not want buy a new licence and let there the HOME EDITION licence.
there is something like "upgrade" the licence?
teoricacly when u buy a pc with os just inside u can ask money back if u dont want to use the os sell it inside.

what do u thing about?

Sony can help to change from home to pro?

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

ciccione
Visitor

thank a lot, but only one more question about...
the istructions finish like this:
"Note: SONY do not support Windows XP Professional installations if this was not originally shipped with your PC.
"

what doens this mean in pratics?
i belived the differt between S4 with home edition and Professional edition was the hardware different and os version (professional use or normal use), but i belived S4M also supported the Professional and Sony can be say aboput the support!

if i will move to XP professional i will louse the garanty?

..i belive it s creazy!

tonybeard
Explorer

Good question matey, Technically Vaio Link would be within their rights to say you have installed an OS that is not theirs. However this is not hardware (like adding non Sony RAM) and is superior to the shipped OS (Pro having back up facilities and more) so if you say you followed Sony guidance on installation (Club James LOL) this should win them over. Besides Sony don't support software failure only hardware and it would be difficult for them to prove that XP Pro caused a hardware failure.

kee-lo_

I agree, there's not a hardware difference at all, really you should have the choice like with DeLL