Join now - be part of our community!

VGP-WKB5JP keyboard from Japan, drivers needed please

foxy111
Visitor

VGP-WKB5JP keyboard from Japan, drivers needed please

Hello. I have a Vaio VGC LA1. the keyboard broke so I ordered a new one off Ebay.... from japan! The keyboard came without drivers and does not automatically install properly/fully, would be very grateful if anyone could help me locate drivers for keyboard VGP-WKB5JP

6 REPLIES 6
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi foxy111 and welcome.

The VGP-WKB5 keyboard is available also in the UK.

It is designed as a full sized keyboard for Vaio Laptops and comes with its own 2.4GHz USB Wireless Receiver.

I think it is plug-n-play.

Did it come with its IR Reciever?

:thinking:

foxy111
Visitor

Hi foxy111 and welcome.

The VGP-WKB5 keyboard is available also in the UK.

It is designed as a full sized keyboard for Vaio Laptops and comes with its own 2.4GHz USB Wireless Receiver.

I think it is plug-n-play.

Did it come with its IR Reciever?

:thinking:

hi there, no, all that arrived was a keyboard

foxy111
Visitor

hi there, no, all that arrived ,was a keyboard

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Have a look at the instruction manual for the VGP-WKB5 keyboard: -

http://www.mgmi.fr/docs/pdfprod/MUVGP-WKB5.pdf

Unfortunately it needs the wireless receiver VGP-WRC5 to work.

foxy111
Visitor

the keyboard has a built in receiver and i dont have a problem connecting it to the pc

twelve56
Visitor

hi Foxy111, when i just had my vaio notebook i brought one of these keyboards and it came with a wireless dongle that i had to use to connect it to the notebook[CR series] and although i already had wireless/bluetooth built in i still had to use the dongle. I now also own an all in one[LM2E] with wireless built in which came with the exact same keyboard but do not need to use a dongle. I sold my other keyboard on ebay with the dongle included and the buyer has had no problems using it on a different sony pc. Also if i remember correctly,all the drivers were on the dongle, so im not sure what is happening if you say it connects but dosnt function properly. So im guessing that you need some drivers to get the full workability,im not sure if sony can provide the drivers on their site but its well worth doing some searches either on google or sony if you havnt already. Also do any keys work? ie shortcut keys across the top and volume etc? just remembered that i also had to press both wireless connect buttons 1 on the keyboard and the other on the pc, as i think the connect signal was showing on the keyboard but wasnt working when pressing keys etc,im not too sure about you pc model but do you have a wireless connect button at the back of it?