Join now - be part of our community!

VGX-TP3Z Bluray player not working

profile.country.en_GB.title
iainrobertson_30
Visitor

VGX-TP3Z Bluray player not working

I recently installled Windows 7 on my VGX-TP3Z and now the blu-ray player is not working through Corel WinDVD. I have tried to install the latest NVIDIA graphics drives for the GeForce 8400M GT grapics adapter but cannot get the installer to work.

Has anyone else suffered a similar problem?

Tags (3)
4 REPLIES 4
DemonDave
Visitor

Is the drive a BC-5500s by any chance?

iainrobertson_30
Visitor

No. Its a MATSHITA BD-CMB UJ-120 ATA Device

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Did you clean install a retail version of Windows 7?  If so you will have lost the Corel WinDVD software and you will have to buy a relacement Blu-Ray player software like WinDVD BD or PowerDVD.

The licensing agreement with Corel only allows WinDVD to be installed as part of the Sony Operating System.  If you have changed this operating system you will lose the preinstalled software and some, like WinDVD, cannot be downloaded - only updates to the original instalation are available for download.

There is only one way around this and that is to purchase an UPGRADE version of Windows 7 which keeps the original software and settings when upgrading from Vista.

Sony do not appear to support your graphics adapter for Windows 7.  Have a look here for a way forward which involves modifying the installer .INF file to allow the driver to install on your mobile chipset.

http://forums.laptopvideo2go.com/topic/9243-forceware-updaters-quickstart-guide/

:thinking:

iainrobertson_30
Visitor

Thanks for the advice. I did purchase the upgrade and Corel WinDVD is still installed. I can play DVDs just not blurays. The Corel WinDVD advisor tool reports that I should upgrade the graphics driver but I am struggling to do this. I'll have a look at your link and see if I can use the information there to upgrade the driver.

Thanks again.