Join now - be part of our community!

VGX XL 302 No Sound from HDMI

GadgetFreak
Visitor

VGX XL 302 No Sound from HDMI

Just set-up my new XL 302, got most things working after a fair bit of messing about, but cannot solve this last one.

No Audio of any type from the HDMI port to my Samsung LCD TV, Audio drivers say they are installed and working ok, I can get sound via the headphones socket from the PC, so the drivers look as though they are working. That leaves me with the question does the sound actually get output from the PC through the HDMI socket or do you actually have to use a SP/DIF optical out to get sound. If so I will be really hacked off.

Anyone come across the probelm or similar, checked Audio from all the HDMI's and the HDMI ports work ok, so thats out too!!!!

Any pointers much appreciated.

Cheers

Gadget Freak!

34 REPLIES 34
silverslapstick
Visitor

Hi all,
I have a new LG to 101 and also have no sound. I have tried all of the above method with no success.
If i change to a component cble will that solve it?

Silverslapstick

sturge
Visitor

Hi All, Iv'e got an even stranger problem. I have the 301 and a Pioneer pdp 507, I get all sound content through my HDMI connection but can't get audio from DVD. Tried changing out put from HDMI to SPDIF but it sill wont work. I do get SPDIF to the Rotel Processor. When I first got it I'm sure it worked via HDMI. I also do not have an aplication in control panel for changing Dolby. I am running Vista and sometimes wish I wasn't!!! Haven't contacted Sony yes as TEAPOT and CHOCOLATE spring to mind.......

danf_42
Visitor

Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem. I've got an XL201 hooked up to my Samsung M87 and I can't get any sound through hdmi either. At the moment I've got composite audio leads instead, which work, but would obviously prefer the audio to go through the hdmi cable.

I've tried the Vaio e-support but they haven't replied yet.

ChalkyWhite71
Visitor

If i change to a component cble will that solve it?
Silverslapstick

I think you mean composite? Component cables don't provide audio, only each colour on separate phono leads. Composite gives you video on yellow, then sound on red and white, like danf_42 suggests.

Demoniser
Explorer

VGX XL3 FIXED SOUND HDMI VISTA

switched my vgx xl301 to sony 46 kdl smart tv no sound picture was ok

did all usual updated nvidia 7600 gtl drivers & sound drivers then i found

a hdmi sound driver that replaces the firmwire its at the us sony site 

type in VGX XL3 DRIVERS THATS THERE NAME FOR THE XL301/302 MODELS

i first got the nvida driver then the hdmi driver in video & audio (sound) HDMI™ Software UpdateRelease Date12/19/2007 Version 071025cFile Size56.83 MB

File Description

This utility updates the HDMI™ software to version 071025c to resolve an issue with no sound when using an HDMI connection.

sound sorted but picture flickers at start up then adjusts ok remember to back up everything and good luck