Join now - be part of our community!

Video driver for PCG-K115B

Video driver for PCG-K115B

Having just bought the above laptop, I have been trying to play a dvd..... choosing one of the many players installed, i.e. windows media player, I get told that the video driver is missing....
Attempts to use the restore disc have failed, downloading the drivers from vaio-link have failed (thanks for keep booting me Tiscali!) Any one help? Sorry to say I am a bit of a novice, so please be gentle with me!

16 REPLIES 16
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

Try using WinDVD for your DVD watching...

Thanks for the advice...... only trouble is windvd won't work either! If I insert and try to play a dvd I get a message stating 'Create Overlay failed lower your screen resolution or colour depth'
When I try every combination of resolutio (i.e. 2) and colour depth (3) I get the same error message.....
This is getting a tad annoying.....

Thanks again for replying

nick_pan
Visitor

have u got any codec packs installed?

profile.country.en_GB.title
robpaxton
Explorer

Try reinstalling your Video drivers - they are normally in c:\drivers. Also make sure that you aren't using any other programs that are using the video overlay.

Thanks guys...

Codec packs? I'm afraid I'm a bit of a novice, so not knowing what they (it, he, she) is, I tried search and found 14 files etc.... that good? Bad?

Video driver? According to the device manager, I haven't got a video driver and despite looking on the vaio link site, ati's site I can't find one! I can't seem to find out which driver I need as I don't know which card I have!

I'm sorry to be such a prawn when it comes to computer knowledge..... There was me, walking into a shop, handing over a lot of money, buying a recognised name and expecting it to work.......

nick_pan
Visitor

hey its ok no worries..

ignore the codec pack bit for now..

Firstly, your drivers arent installed for the video driver so before playing and dvd or game or anything, they need installing..

im 90% sure that on your laptop model, your gfx card in ATIs integrated gfx solution, so you should be looking for drivers for the ATI Radeon 345m chip.

Think thats correct :slight_smile:

Dont bother with ATIs site as with regards to laptops, they let each manufacturer release the drivers from each gfx card as it varies per motherboard.

Im pretty sure you should find drivers for this card on the vaio link site..if you've registered, it should direct you at the download section, to the precise drivers for your laptop.

Otherwise, get them from here; http://www.bebits.com/app/2938

nick_pan
Visitor

oh yeh, think i remember Kee-Lo saying you can find all your sony drivers...

in your C drive folder, so look for a folder called DRIVERS

install them from there, tell me how it goes

Thanks for that will try it tomorrow night as tiredness, not to mention frustration has taken over!

Will post again and let you know what happens.

Thanks again

Success! For anyone with a similar problem inside the drivers folder there is a little something called ATI set up.... You open it and it does all sorts of wonderful things like install a driver that should have been installed in the first place....

This is my first PC as I have always used and owned Macs and I have to say, so far, I prefer Macs.......sorry!

So thanks guys, you made an old man very happy! As old Mr. Grace used to say........keep up the good work!