Join now - be part of our community!

virus/firewall protection

profile.country.en_GB.title
gyron1
Explorer

virus/firewall protection

Hello,

Following on from my previous mailing regarding the purchase of a new laptop. I am afraid this purchase is presently being researched but in the meantime my trusty (but old) Vaio is having to continue doing my work.

I have always used the Symantec/Norton 'Internet Security' to look after my virus protection and Firewall requirements. However, over the past few months I have being getting more and more error messages which although their repair tool can fix, the fix is only temporary until the same error message reappears. Their on line help also seems to be a temporary fix.

So, I am looking for a combined Virus and firewall protection software package that can work with my existing MS windows XP Pro operating system until I change the laptop.

Any ideas on a reliable software package (whilst still temporally using XP Pro), at reasonable costs.

Help please!

Regards Gyron

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Gyron,

What is the error message? If this is an infection that Norton can't permanently cure then try scanning with Dr.Web Cureit – this free software has often solved virus problems for me.

http://www.freedrweb.com/cureit/?lng=en

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat