Join now - be part of our community!

Vista + TV = No Signal?

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Vista + TV = No Signal?

I'm waiting for the driver update to enjoy Aero-style and Flip 3D and better qualilty...
But with Vista on my System I just wanted to wacht TV with windows media centre, but it said no tv signal. No tv tunder card... What's the problem I could watch Tv with Vaio zone (on windows XP) but not with media centre (now on Vista) And Vaio Zone doesn't work anymore...

Will this be solved with the driver update... ? Or what can I do about it?

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Your TV card is a Sony OEM device for use with Vaio Zone exclusively and I doubt if it can be made Vista or MCE compliant- no matter what you do.

I think you will need a new TV Tuner.

:slight_frown:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

And what will that cost ??
Is that possible in the PCMIA cards?

andyoakes
Visitor

I've also had problems with my VGC-V3S.... I've just upgraded to Vista and the TV tuner is no longer recognised... but whats more annoying is the fact that none of the sony software (Vaio update, laucher click 2 DVD etc) works any more. It seems that the software doesn't think its running on a vaio anymore and I can't find any updates anywhere.

Can anyone offer me a better solution than going back to XP?!! :slight_frown:

BastenBroeke
Visitor

Exact same problem here !!
Also wanna go back to XP if Sony doesn't take any action !!
I quess there will come software thats compatible with Vista, just need to wait I guess...

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Zone will not even work with MCE let alone Vista. We will have to see if Sony updates the usual applications to work with Vista - I have my doubts!

I would get a USB Twin Tuner LIKE THIS ONE

:wink: