Join now - be part of our community!

VPC-F13M8E/B trackpad problem

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

VPC-F13M8E/B trackpad problem

Hi, could anyone please help with any info on my trackpad on my laptop? the trackpad works when it feels like it,i have to keep re-booting for it to work any ideas please? Thankyou

9 REPLIES 9
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tonyboy60,

Assuming you have not already done so I would suggest that you try  re-installing the original touchpad drivers.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VPCF13M8E_B/updates

There are two versions (both Alps), 7.105.529.104 and 7.105.529.105.One is for 64 Bit and the other for 32Bit - make sure you download the correct version for your OS.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Hi Rich,Thanks for your help, i have tried but it would not  install as it states its the same driver that installed so doesnt install it?, could you please include the link as i am not to clued up really.  Thanks Tony

Message was edited by: tonyboy60

Message was edited by: tonyboy60

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Hi, i have managed to install the driver again, i will try this out and see if its done the trick. Thankyou for your help, one last thing, i have registered my laptop with sony but, i am  trying to find out if theres any guarrantee left on it or how old it is? is there anyway to find this out? Thankyou

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi tonyboy60,

This model was released in January 2011.

If you click the support tab at the top of this page, select Contact Sony Support and click Vaio and Computing you will be prompted to enter your serial number. If the only contact option given is the out of warranty number (0905 0310006) it is no longer in warranty.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Hi, thanks for that info, i get contact sony support, phone support or email.do you get 2 years warranty?  Thanks Tony

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

General warranty if purchased in the Uk is 12 months but I believe some configured models have 24 months.

As you have email contact available I suggest that you ask when the warranty expires.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Ok thanks alot for your help, the website is down at the moment for maintenance but i will email them.

Tony

profile.country.GB.title
tonyboy60
Explorer

Hi, seems to be ok now but another problem, each time my Laptop goes into sleep or stanby it get this message    Windows has recoverd from an unexpected shutdown

problem signature

problem Event Name Blue sceen

OS Version    6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID: 2057

Additional infomation about the problem:

BCCode          9f

BCP1:             000000000000003

BCP2:             FFFFFA80074BDA10

BCP3:             FFFFF8000462F518

BCP4:             FFFFFA800C833010

OS Version     6_1_7601

Product           768_1

please help

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Tony,

This could possibly be a driver problem but I have very limited knowledge on this. I suggest that, in order to get best help, you start a new thread as anyone that may be able to contribute on this may miss your post.

If this problem has started since updating the touchpad driver then make sure that you installed the correct version for your OS – i.e. 32 or 64 Bit. You could try a (touchpad) driver rollback to see whether this resolves the issue.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat