Join now - be part of our community!

VPC-F13Z1E very strange power problem

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
timmo666
Visitor

VPC-F13Z1E very strange power problem

Hello.

My SONY Vaio VPC-F13Z1E has suddenly developed a strange and annoying problem.

There is nothing wrong with my battery as I have tried a freinds identical one and mine works in his but his doesn't work in mine.

My laptop won't turn on without the AC power lead connected and on even though the battery is 100% charged.

The strange thing is when I plug into AC power the laptop turns on and runs but the power status light is not on and the battery icon says it's running on battery power and stays at 99% but is clearly running on AC power, if I pull the AC power cable out the laptop dies straight away.

Anyone any ideas what the problem is?

I have tried a replacement battery and AC adaptor but still same problem.

I can't upgrade to latest BIOS as it won't let me as says I must be on mains power not battery and won't let me do it even though I am on mains power!!!

It seems like the laptop is confused and thinks on battery power when on AC power but won't run battery alone.

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tim and welcome.

It sounds like there is a fault between the battery and the power board on your Vaio.  All you can do is to check the battery contacts on your Vaio and make sure they are OK.

The next step will be to contact Vaio Support as it is likely a repair will be needed.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tim and welcome.

It sounds like there is a fault between the battery and the power board on your Vaio.  All you can do is to check the battery contacts on your Vaio and make sure they are OK.

The next step will be to contact Vaio Support as it is likely a repair will be needed.

:thinking: