Join now - be part of our community!

VPCCB2S1E/B drivers for win8

SOLVED
profile.country.el_GR.title
jordanius
New

VPCCB2S1E/B drivers for win8

hello.I have just installed windows 8 in my vaio and i have problems with some drivers.i cant find the drivers for the fn buttons like brightness.for windows 7 the problem solved with vaio utility.also i cant find the driver for the graphics cards in order to switch between them.does anyone can help me?thank you

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jordanius and welcome.

It is my understanding that the drivers provided by Sony are to be used following a MIGRATION to Windows 8.  The new installation relies on software/drivers from within the Windows 7 installation so you MUST choose "Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps" during setup.  A clean install is NOT supported.

That said, have you tried installing the original Windows 7 preinstalled version of 'Sony Notebook Utilities'?

Drivers are still being added, so I would keep a close eye on the Support page for your model.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi jordanius and welcome.

It is my understanding that the drivers provided by Sony are to be used following a MIGRATION to Windows 8.  The new installation relies on software/drivers from within the Windows 7 installation so you MUST choose "Keep Windows settings, personal files, and apps" during setup.  A clean install is NOT supported.

That said, have you tried installing the original Windows 7 preinstalled version of 'Sony Notebook Utilities'?

Drivers are still being added, so I would keep a close eye on the Support page for your model.

:thinking: