Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB1Z1B Graphics update

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
stanvbi
Visitor

VPCEB1Z1B Graphics update

Hello,

I have the VPCEB1Z1E/B notebook, which all in all is a pretty decent piece of kit. When I measure up my system specs to most of the latest games, I should be able to more than handle them, however, Skyrim and Saints Row struggle to run with a decent FPS, even on the lowest possible settings/resolution.

I have noticed that the graphics drivers are really out-dated. I can not update them from the ATI website as it says I have to go through VAIO.

The card in question is the ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5650, a 1GB graphics card.

Is it possible for either Sony to update the driver or is there a way to bypass this lock-out and install it anyway.

Many thanks

Stan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Stan,

You could wait a long time for an updated driver from Sony!

Google 'Driver Heaven Mod Tool' - Installing drivers that are untested by Sony is obviously at your own risk....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Stan,

You could wait a long time for an updated driver from Sony!

Google 'Driver Heaven Mod Tool' - Installing drivers that are untested by Sony is obviously at your own risk....

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stanvbi
Visitor

Thanks Rich, Ill look into it.

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Good luck Stan, and let us know how you get on.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stanvbi
Visitor

Hi, well I got the said program and followed the instructions. It told me to download the desktop drivers and install them, which it actually let me install instead of booting me out and telling me to see VAIO.

However, it didn't seem to do anything. I started saints row, and let it autodetect my hardware capabilities, it set itself to medium, loaded up the game and no change, still stuttery.  I even went and tried to download the "Mobility" drivers, which once again it let me install, but still nothing.

I went to my hardware manager to check which version drivers I'm running and its still saying version 8.723.8.2000, dated 20/09/2010.

Am I doing something wrong?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Stan,

I suggest that you ask the question on their forum.

“Q: I have a problem, and I can't get it to work, can you help me?
A: Yes we can help, post your problems in our forum over here, with your detailed system specification and mobility card and we will do our best to get you up and running.”

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
stanvbi
Visitor
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

That’s great news Stan:smileyhappy:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat