Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB3C5E Battery Showing Unknown Remaining.(Help Please)

profile.country.de_DE.title
itsvikki
Visitor

VPCEB3C5E Battery Showing Unknown Remaining.(Help Please)

Hello there,

I bought this laptop from Germany and ordered it from Sony's Online website last year.

My problem is my laptop was getting stuck, So I installed recovery disk,

After installing that I got Error that My Battery is Critical and I have to remove the battery and install the new one or resinsert the battery again.

Tried this Battery with the same model of another Laptop working fine and charging too.

Now the Problem is my laptop is not turning on battery. and not even Charging it and showing me Unknown Remaining.

Tried contacting Sony support but no answer from there.

Please help me out and tell me what should I do?

1- Inserted a Brand New Battery getting same problem issue ( Unknown Remaining ). Not turning On Battery.

2- Checked this Battery with another laptop its working fine there and charging too and even showing 60-70% Charged.

3- Installed Recovery Disk 4-5 times but Issue is still there.

4- Some one told me to install another version of WIN7 on it, this model came with Win7 Home Premium, I tried Win7 Pro , Win7 Ultimate , Got same Issue.

HELP ME PLEASEEEEEEE.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.es_ES.title
aahaaah
Visitor

I'm also having the same problem. my model number is VPCEB3A4E. Thought it is the problem with battery and bought the new one. but the problem did not resolved. It is showing unknown remaining.

profile.country.nl_NL.title
sherazzman
Explorer

Hi,

I too have this same problem on my VPCEB3C5E. Did you happen to find a solution....although someone told me to install Windows 8. Haven't tried but thought I would check with your progress first.

Hope to hear from you! 

profile.country.GB.title
Nobody-in-particular
Contributor

Hi shaerazzman, changing the OS will not resolve a battery problem.

Normally when a battery shows unknown remaining it is an indication that the battery is dead and needs replacing. If possible see if you can try another battery before purchasing a replacement.

Looking at the first post on this thread it could indicate a hardware problem with either the battery connections or possible the power board but as I said it is normally just an indication that the battery needs replacing.

amitk402
Explorer

Open laptop back panel and unplug the bios battery , then with the help of any screwdriver or anything try to short the bios pin. 100 % work