Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEB4C5E problem with the shift keys - none working

profile.country.en_GB.title
joselmeg
Visitor

VPCEB4C5E problem with the shift keys - none working

hi,

does any one had problems with the shift keys on any notebook?

this is a straight-from-the-box  problem, the very first time i turned on this computer few days ago, while setting password reminder for windows user account,  i tried to use the shift key to have a capital letter and this didn't  work. after several trials i used the caps lock hoping  this was just momentarily before the system started properly. however, this was not the case.

soon  after the first windows session i realized the shift keys didn't work. i  tried fixing it by adding 'english united kingdom extended' keyboard  and 'english us international'. this didn't produce any result so i  removed both extra keyboards. the factory default keyboard is 'english united kingdom'. i then contacted sony vaio support...

in summary, i have tried the following solutions recommended by vaio customer support:
1.  uninstall the keyboard driver. then let the system re-install it after  rebooting. this worked the first time but the shift keys stop working  after the computer was shut down then turn on again. further trials of  this procedure were unsuccesful.
2. full recovery of the system to its factory image. this didn't work neither. as i said this is a straight-from-the-box problem.

sometimes the shift keys work from the begining, sometimes they don't work at all, and  sometime they start working at some point during the windows session and stop working again without apparent reason.
therefore, it seems pretty random behavior of the shift keys working.

what  if this is a physical problem/ i.e. no configuration of the system  could fix it. maybe some faulty wiring of the keyboard...

i am seriosuly thinking on exercising the return policy on this product and close it lifetime with sony vaio  AND SWITCH TO APPLE

any one having similar problems?

joselmeg

0 REPLIES 0