Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEF2E1E wont turn on

profile.country.en_IE.title
gary_cox10
Visitor

VPCEF2E1E wont turn on

My Vaio vpcef2e1e wont turn on. The light on the switch will illuminate for 3 seconds and then fade away.. Ive disconnected the batt and reconnected with no joy. ive disconnected power, batt and held the on button for two mins to drain all power in the motherboard and then reconnected just power lead with no joy. It just wont turn on.. its two years old. any suggestions??

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Gary,

Other than to check that the AC adapter is working correctly and the socket in the Vaio is undamaged, I think it is going to need an engineer to look inside for the cause.

It may be faulty wiring or a faulty switch but it is also possible the power board has failed.

I guess the warranty has expired so you have the choice of contacting Vaio Support or picking a reputable local repairer.

To contact Vaio Support, click on 'Support' at the top of this page - Online Support - contact Us - Vaio and Computing and enter your Vaio's Serial Number. You will be given options of how to contact Support dependant on if you are still within Warranty or not.