Join now - be part of our community!

VPCEH2P0E webcam not working!

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Sydeh92
Visitor

VPCEH2P0E webcam not working!

Hi, My mum has had this laptop since christmas and the webcam/Mic has worked fine all of a sudden yesterday it wont work. When I open the webcam companion it says the webcam cannot be found, same for skype etc. Ive looked in device manager to see if the driver needs to be updated but I can't actually find any webcam listed on it?
I would appreciate the help,

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

To finally confirm that it is indeed a hardware fault it will be necessary to return the notebook to factory settings. You can do this using your recovery disks (assuming that they have been created) or the HDD recovery utility - tap F10 ar boot to access this. The recovery process will format the hard drive so back up any data you need to an external source.

If that makes no difference then return the unit to the retailer and ask for a replacement. If by any chance it is John Lewis you will have no problem but some other retailers will argue that you must contact Sony for a repair. This is not the case as the retailer is responsible under the Sale of Goods Act, but most people opt for the easy option.

Good luck and let us know how things progress.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

See whether anything in this similar thread helps.

https://www.sony-europe.com/discussions/message/769070#769070

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Sydeh92
Visitor

Only problem is I can't find it in Device manager to update the driver? There is no indication that there is a unknown USB either.. All I see is below..devicemanager.PNG

I should note it is a built in camera..

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

Whether or not the device is showing in Device Manager try deleting all under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, shut down, remove battery, hold down power button for 30 seconds, reattach battery and reboot. This may possibly allow the in-built camera to be recognise. If not there may be a hardware fault.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Sydeh92
Visitor

No luck unfortunately, nothing comes up with camera under USB. Who do I contact now? Where the laptop was purchased or sony directly? (that presuming it is indeed a hardware fault seeing as it still isnt working..)

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi Simon,

To finally confirm that it is indeed a hardware fault it will be necessary to return the notebook to factory settings. You can do this using your recovery disks (assuming that they have been created) or the HDD recovery utility - tap F10 ar boot to access this. The recovery process will format the hard drive so back up any data you need to an external source.

If that makes no difference then return the unit to the retailer and ask for a replacement. If by any chance it is John Lewis you will have no problem but some other retailers will argue that you must contact Sony for a repair. This is not the case as the retailer is responsible under the Sale of Goods Act, but most people opt for the easy option.

Good luck and let us know how things progress.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat