Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF11S1E overheating complaint

profile.country.en_GB.title
vimtoribena
Visitor

VPCF11S1E overheating complaint

I am posting this complaint live online as your email support is "not working" at this time and I refuse to pay for even more calls after my last phone bill with over £30 worth of charges to Sony to try and sort this problem and they do not appear to have a dedicated complaints team which is appalling for a trusted and premium cost brand.

Hi, I have had issues with this laptop for several months now and have been round in circles regarding getting a repair/replacement.   The laptop is overheating badly despite cleaning with pressurised air and has been since it was just a few months old.

I have completed the bios update but it has not fixed the issue as promised and a bit of quick research tells me there are many others fighting to get this problem fixed too. I have spoken to may representatives who have given me the option of sending it away for repair but this laptop is used for important business and I can't afford to have it sent away for an unverified amount of time and don't feel at £1250 with a MANUFACTURING FAULT that I should have to.  This issue was picked up in summer 2010, I bought this machine in winter 2010 so technically it should not have been sold to me or it should have been fixed before it was shipped to retailers.

I am giving you 2 options either you send someone to sort the issue, you can send a replacement via courier or you can refund the laptop.  If this isnt possible I will be putting a claim in via the small claims court to the value of £1400 under the sale of goods act to cover the cost of a replaement laptop, data transfer and inconvenience.  You will also have to pay the court fee for this should I be succesful.  I will also be contacting all those on the internet to encourage them to report their issue to Trading Standards or their countries equivelent and to claim their money through the local court.  As this complaint has been ongoing for over 3 months now if I have not had a response or decision by Wednesday 25th April 2012 I will continue with court action as above.

They have my email address and I look forward to a response.

4 REPLIES 4
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi vimtoribena.

I sympathise with your problems but to avoid disappointment I have to point out that this is a User Forum for mutual self-help and posts here are not regularly monitored by Sony and so they will not reply.

Have you tried emailing customersupport.en@vaio-link.com ?  You need to email Vaio Support and not Sony Support which may be why email is not working for you..

I am happy to escalate your comments to Sony through forum admin but I cannot guarantee the outcome.

:thinking:

vimtoribena
Visitor

Thanks Blen, will try that one.  I only wish I hadnt paid so much and stuck with a cheaper brand, my old lapop of a budget brand is still merrily working having been passed on to my dad and Im stuck with this to try and use for web design (and a bit of gaming on the sly)!!

femzy54
Visitor

Hi what was the outcome? I have the same laptop with the same problem Sony has not been helpful to me at all I also spent over £1000 on this laptop  VPCF11S1E.

vimtoribena
Visitor

Top and bottom of it, no they don't really want to help.  I had it stripped and the gpu and cpu pastes replaced which helped somewhat, if anyone wants theirs doing or advice on how to do.  I havent had chance to chase it up due to some life issues but I may well just throw this at the small claims court to see what they have to say.  It has very little cost and it all done over the internet so I won't lose much by it.  If anyone wants to also look into this method of claiming what you are due, here is the link https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome.

Possibly a claim to watchdog.... you never know if we get enough complainants?!

Message was edited by: -Cass-

Personal details removed