Join now - be part of our community!

VPCF13M0E battery on critical and I barely used it?

profile.country.en_GB.title
melly666
Visitor

VPCF13M0E battery on critical and I barely used it?

My laptop is just over the year guarantee. My battery although I have barely used it as I took it out to preserve it's use has gone from 'good' to 'critical' in the 4 months I've been off travelling and left it at home. The battery wasn't used when away. All the updates are done I've checked  windows update, VAIO updates and driver updates. I don't understand this. In total I have probably had the battery in the computer for a total of about 10 hours in total since I bought the laptop just over a year a go.

Also,when I put the battery in with the adaptor in also it just comes up as 'critical' then my computer automatically goes into hibernate . It's a real problem when I need to move rooms as I need to keep shutting down and open up again to attach to the electrics.

Can anybody throw some light on this please or advise? Please make it simple as I'm not super techy.Thanx :thinking:

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.en_GB.title
daempii
Visitor

It means that your battery is already failing. Even if you use your battery for a limited time, this might still happen as not all manufactured products are created perfectly. It is just unfortunate that you are already out of warranty. I suggest for you to buy a new one.