Join now - be part of our community!

VPCM12M1E M Memory Upgrade

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
Silversurfer42
Visitor

VPCM12M1E M Memory Upgrade

The Specifications for VPCM12M1E state that the memory can be upgraded from 1GB to 2GB. I cannot find anywhere a procedure to do this nor how to access the existing Memory. Could you please inform me of the following:-

1) Can the memory in fact be upgraded to 2GB

2) Is the memory module under the keyboard.

3) Where can I find any instructions how to upgrade the memory.

12 REPLIES 12
judith_sw
Visitor

Thanks for the helpful advice. Just to let you know, these instructions also work for the VPCM13M1E and the upgrade RAM specification is the same (according to Crucial). As mentioned in a previous post, it's a quick and easy job 🙂

grace-301
Visitor

I had terrible trouble with this upgrade - the system would recognise the 2GB memory module, and work for a few minutes before crashing. Sony tech help just kept repeating memory spec - useless!

Several returns of memory from two major suppliers, and finally sorted it out (I think!).

I disabled ReadyBoost on a permanently installed SD card, and it seems to be working fine. Doh!

Has anyone else had this problem?

profile.country.el_GR.title
nasos21
Visitor

well thanks for the instructions. its obvious sony cant give ANY help. my same netbook was bought with problems (plural) and after 3 visits to sony center problems still occur... i wont ever buy a sony labtop in my whole life... can you imagine buying something faulty. they dont replace it and send it back with problems??

my camera never worked after they took care of it and now noone is answering in my mails since they saw my case and they know what hell i ve passed for them..

think twice before u buy an expensive sony product in the future