Join now - be part of our community!

VPCSA36GK not listed

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
ice9tom
Visitor

VPCSA36GK not listed

I'm a British expat living in Korea.  I bought myself a Sony Laptop last week and I'm thrilled to bits with it.  Its a beautiful piece of kit.

I'm having a few issues with language and support that I'd appreciate advice on.  I have Windows 7 OS installed in English and most of the Sony Vaio software is also in English but some is in Korean (see attached screenshot).  For example when I click support I'm taken to a Sony site with Korean language.  I went to this site to get support direct from Sony but the search engine doesn't find my model and it isn't listed.  I was searching in the UK area maybe the model is region specific.  I tried clicking the country drop down box but Korea isn't listed on this site.

I have a couple of issue with the laptop and I've had trouble getting support for these issues.  Other than my language barrier issue I would like to reconfigure my finger print scan because the success rate is far too low.  Where do I go to reconfigure the finger print scan?  I can't see any associate program in the start list.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ice9tom and welcome.

Vaio models are Region specific and the specifications differ in different parts of the world.  Consequently, your model will not appear on the Sony Europe website and you cannot register here for official warranty Support.

Your model will have an International Warranty for repairs (Vaio International Repair Service) but as you live in Korea and have bought the Vaio there, Support should come from Sony Korea which is part of Sony Asia-Pacific.  Perhaps you can check if they have English language Support?

You can probably get most of the online support you need from Sony Asia Pacific as they do have a website in English but you will have to choose the nearest model and compare your specifications.  I see there is a VPCSA36GA (which I assume is the Australian equivalent) on their website in English here: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/VPCSA36GA

You will find tutorials, manuals etc. for most common questions there. You can also change country to an english website like Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, but sadly the Sony Korea website is in gobblygook.

For the fingerprint scanner, try going to Start -> All Programs -> TrueSuite and sign-in or swipe to enter the configuration pages.  Personally, I found the same problem to begin with but found that by swiping my finger faster and more confidently, I can achieve a 95% success rate.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here and I'm sure the European Community will try to help where possible.

:wink:

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi ice9tom and welcome.

Vaio models are Region specific and the specifications differ in different parts of the world.  Consequently, your model will not appear on the Sony Europe website and you cannot register here for official warranty Support.

Your model will have an International Warranty for repairs (Vaio International Repair Service) but as you live in Korea and have bought the Vaio there, Support should come from Sony Korea which is part of Sony Asia-Pacific.  Perhaps you can check if they have English language Support?

You can probably get most of the online support you need from Sony Asia Pacific as they do have a website in English but you will have to choose the nearest model and compare your specifications.  I see there is a VPCSA36GA (which I assume is the Australian equivalent) on their website in English here: -

http://www.sony-asia.com/support/product/VPCSA36GA

You will find tutorials, manuals etc. for most common questions there. You can also change country to an english website like Hong Kong, Malaysia, Australia, but sadly the Sony Korea website is in gobblygook.

For the fingerprint scanner, try going to Start -> All Programs -> TrueSuite and sign-in or swipe to enter the configuration pages.  Personally, I found the same problem to begin with but found that by swiping my finger faster and more confidently, I can achieve a 95% success rate.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask them here and I'm sure the European Community will try to help where possible.

:wink: