Join now - be part of our community!

VPCSA3N9E windows 8.1 - problem with stamina mode

VPCSA3N9E windows 8.1 - problem with stamina mode

I have a problem after upgrading VPCSA3N9E to Windows 8.1. I have made clean install. After this I installed, with success chipsed drivers, SFEP, shared library, sony control center, bluetooth and 3G modem. The problem is with graphics cards. On the sony support website there is driver special for Win8.1 for my switchable graphic cards, but at the begining of the installation a have got message that WIDI cannot be found and the setup is being interrupted. I have tried to install driver from sony support centre for windows 8.0, but system crashes all the time. Whole all time I had yellow exclamation in device manager by AMD graphics card. Laptop worked with Intel card and screen had wrong resolution. After this, I have installed Intel generic drivers from Intel site - now screen resolution is correct. In addition I have installed catalyst beta drivers for AMD card and yellow excamation dissapered. But the stamina switch is still not working. I can't switch to AMD card - it is exist in device manager without any errors. After installation those drivers I have successful installed drivers from sony support for win8.1 and this time WIDI was found, but I still not able to use stamina switch. What should I do, to force the AMD card working? Below I present report from sony troubleshooting tool. Thanks for help.

Model Name = VPCSA3N9E
VAIO Control Center Version = 6.0.20.09270
VESStaminaSwitch Version = 6.0.1.08220
VESPerformanceSwitch Version = 6.0.0.08170
Sony Firmware Extension Parser = 8.0.2.1115
Video Card Driver Name = Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series
Video Card Driver Version = 9.17.10.3223 13.200.16.0 

0 REPLIES 0