Join now - be part of our community!

VPCYB3V1E bluetooth issue

profile.country.en_GB.title
jjohnosn
Visitor

VPCYB3V1E bluetooth issue

hello,

I've got VPCYB3V1E laptop the other week and did a clean install of Windows 7. But I can't configure bluetooth. I know its there, I was using it on the preloaded system when I first got the laptop, but on the clean system install bluetooth is not on the devices list in Windows 'Device Manager'.

Untitled.png

Things I tried:

1. download available bluetooth drivers from Sony website - it didn't help.

2. restored to factory settings to copy drivers from c:\windows\drivers then installed clean system again, installed those drivers - it didn't help.

3. restored to factory settings and extracted drivers from installed system with Driver Magician then installed clean system once more, restored drivers - it didn't help.

Is there anyone having the same problem out there or is it just me? Is here anyone who could help me with the issue? Help is much appreciated.

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

If the Bluetooth Radio Hardware does not appear in Device Manager then either the hardware is faulty or, more likely, the hardware is not switched on.

Have you checked that the wireless hardware switch on the front of the Vaio is turned on and in addition the Bluetooth software switch turned on in Vaio Smart Network?  Details on Page 55 of your User Manual here: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/manuals/consumer/AE2P100111.pdf

Have you reinstalled Vaio Smart Network?

:thinking: