Join now - be part of our community!

Vpcz127gg won't turn on

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tamz2k12
Visitor

Vpcz127gg won't turn on

I turned my laptop off and went to school. After comming back afew hours later to find that it would not turn on when I pressed the power button. I watched a video on YouTube which said to take out battery and power supply and hold power button for 1 min then put power supply back and turn on. This didn't work so I wanted to ask for help :slight_smile:

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Tamz2k12 and welcome.

If removing the battery and holding down the Power key does not work, you may need to contact Vaio Support as a repair to the power board may be required.

Your Vaio is a Sony Asia/Pacific model.  Is it still within warranty and have you registered for the International Repair Scheme for the International Warranty?

:thinking:

profile.country.en_GB.title
Tamz2k12
Visitor

I don't think that it needs any powerboard replacement as sometimes it works but stays at black screen so there must be a way to fix it

hejohns65
Explorer

I have the same problem with a Vaio VPCS11C5E: press Power and it flares green briefly, then nothing. Occasionally after removing from power source and pressing Power for 30 secs it starts up: what's wrong - is it gathering a static charge when it sleeps? (Same happens no matter whether I put in in sleep, hibernate or off.) I just spent an hour negotiating the Contact Us page on the website, getting serial number, composing email, only to be told when I sent it that 'email assist is not available due to maintenance' -- which is such shoddy service. Rubbish.