Join now - be part of our community!

VPCZ21C5E new vaio z gets very hot

profile.country.en_GB.title
lettucehead
Visitor

VPCZ21C5E new vaio z gets very hot

I just got one of the brand new vaio z laptops and it seems to be getting very very hot very quickly. it has an i5 @ 2.6 (turbo up to 3.3) and 4gb of ram. when playing games or using software like 3dsmax or photoshop the fans come on extremely loud, and the cpu and motherboard get straight up to 80-85c, I'm not sure but this seems like much too high a temperature for a cpu to safely run at continuously. even now as I browse the web the fans are running at full blast and the cpu is 72c. I haven't actually had a crash yet, but a cpu at 80c just seems like it can't end well. I just want to know if it's safe for the computer to run at these temperatures? and is it meant to get this hot?

attatched is a screenshot of the program "speccy" which detects my cpu and mobo temp. taken while running 3dsmax (and not even while rendering)

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Modern Sandy Bridge processors do seem to run a little hot under load..

You will not get a crash until the processor gets to about 100c but for prolonged running under load, you would probably want to keep it down to around 80c/85c.

I suspect your temperatures are about the norm for the F-Series but if you are concerned, I would contact Vaio Support and discuss it with them.

:wink: