Join now - be part of our community!

VPFC11S1E

profile.country.en_GB.title
danbennettdjb
Visitor

VPFC11S1E

Nothing but google chrome running and it is as hot as the molten sun and as loud as the hoover being run over your hungover head.

I've had this problem for a good while now, I had considered getting it repaired but given I'm a university student this computer is pretty essential . However it has gone beyond the pale.  I can't even hear moderetaly loud tv over the inane WHIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR of the fan.

I purchased it in march 2010, so as far as I'm aware its still covered by the guaruntee, also I have not tampered with it at all (but that is my next step.)

I would be emailing this, but I can't as you need to be a modern day christopher columbus to even find an email address.

For a laptop that cost me in the region of £1000, this is appalling service, and I'm goin to at least make sure the problem is known, and sony's poor customer service is to potential future buyers.

I haven't quite got the point of using a decibelomitor to measure the volume of the fan, nor have I measured the heat but I'm virging desperately near visiting a consumer watchdog to see what my legal options are concerning this.

Please at least respond to this.

(VPCF11S1E, March 2010 - Bought, well treated. )

3 REPLIES 3
danbennettdjb
Visitor

Also just to clarify, I have the bios update, I have every update, I have tried battry profiles, and I have tried every other fix on the internet. (Including full clean installs).

This problem is completely due to bad workmanship/hardware.

At the very least from this I would like an email address for customer support.

danbennettdjb
Visitor

still nothing, fantastic customer support as always

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi danbennettdjb.

This is a Community user forum for mutual self help and is not a part of Sony Support.  I see you have contributed to a previous thread on this subject here: -

https://www.sony.co.uk/discussions/thread/133878?start=1&tstart=0

Have you actually spoken to Vaio Support?  I do not think a solution has been posted here by other users and you will probably have to contact Vaio Support.  It is a problem that has come up before and not been solved for everyone although Sony have provided a BIOS Update which seems to have worked for many.

Vaios sold with Windows 7 Home Premium installed usually have a warranty of only 12 months in the UK.  To check this, click on Support at the top of this page, choose 'Contact Sony Support', choose 'Vaio and Computing' and then enter your Vaio's Serial Number.

If your Vaio is no longer covered by Warranty, you will only be offered a premium phoneline 0905 for support. Support is not free outside warranty.  However, if you are still within Warranty, you will be offered a 0870 number and also an email webform.

:thinking: