Join now - be part of our community!

Webcam - Advanced setting greyed out, so no Zoom or pan

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
shacko
Visitor

Webcam - Advanced setting greyed out, so no Zoom or pan

I have a new SA series vaio model: PCG-4121GM, Product name VPCSA4C5E with a HD digital camera "Exmor" HD digital camera. When accessing the webcam settings in Webcam Companion 4 the advanced settings are greyed out, so I cannot zoom in or pan the webcam. I have reinstalled the driver, but this had no effect. I was wondering if I had the correct driver installed. The driver is listed as 'USB2.0 Camera', which sounds a bit generic to me and is maufactured by Microsoft. Do any of you guys have the same problem and know whether I have the correct driver installed?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi shacko,

Have a look at the specifications of the webcam - I don't think it is capable of zoom or pan.

The camera has a generic driver to work with any version of Windows.

:thinking:

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi shacko,

Have a look at the specifications of the webcam - I don't think it is capable of zoom or pan.

The camera has a generic driver to work with any version of Windows.

:thinking:

shacko
Visitor

How do I check the specification?

When talking on the phone to the tech support, they have not said that the webcam will not zoom or pan.

Could somebody please give me a link to the 'HD digital camera "Exmor" HD digital web camera' driver, so I can check if I have had the wrong driver installed.

The driver I currently have installed is called 'USB2.0 Camera', which sounds a bit generic for my liking.

shacko
Visitor

Finally got a response from Sony, saying what you confirmed, that it cannot zoom or pan.

Seems a shame. I bet it would be quite easy to implement.

Thanks for your help.