Join now - be part of our community!

Webcam and mic problems

profile.country.en_GB.title
Phyore
Visitor

Webcam and mic problems

I have a vpcej1z1e/w. I have only had it for about 5 weeks now. I remember trying the webcam to see the quality and it worked. Now a few days ago I wanted to try the webcam again, but this time it said

"Webcam not found. The webcam is either being used by another application or is not connected."

So I did the next thing that I know of and checked the drivers in the device manager. The thing is there are no yellow triangle even after I scan for a hardware change. There isn't even a tree for imagery devices where the webcam driver would be usually located. I also tried the mic and the Microsoft mic setup program knew it was there, but no sound travelled through it.

I contacted Sony and they told me to do all i did above and then told me if all else fail, restore it back to factory settings. I did so after backing up my data. Now i went to try out my webcam and same problem still exists. They said if restoring it donesn't wor then you'll have to send it off for repair. Also there website has no webcam driver on it (WTF?)

Now I have only had this laptop for about a month or so but having to send it off for repair is kind of annoying. I don't really want to send it off if I don't have to. Can anyone please help me out?

2 REPLIES 2
VPCEJ2C5E
Visitor

I have a VPCEJ2C5E (E-serires 17" i3 purchased Oct'11) with the same issues; web cam MIA and microphone device driver reports "working ok" but nothing even under Recording Devices.

Can you give an update of your status, did you find anything other than returning the unit?

Did you try this MS fix: http://support.microsoft.com/mats/hardware_device_problems/

Phyore
Visitor

Unfortunately I sent it back to PC World to get a replacement, but they told me that they didn't have a replacement VAIO for me. So I was able to get a different laptop. The VAIO was a really nice laptop so I am unable to give you an answer. Sorry about that.