Join now - be part of our community!

webcam help vaio cs21 / skype

shil0464
Visitor

webcam help vaio cs21 / skype

Hello,
I hope this is in the right place for such a question. I've just bought a vaio cs21 which is great. I can't for the life of me get the webcam eye thing to work with skype. the sound works fine but skype won't recognise there is a camera. i've tried reinstalling the drivers. i can't get the camera to come up under "scanners and cameras" in control panel either but clicking directly through the program menu to arcsoft (or whatever the software is called, the camera works on screen).

can anyone help? I'm getting all frustrated!!

thanks

Amy

2 REPLIES 2
RichT1980
Visitor

Hello Amy,

I am having the same problems as you with my built-in camera. I have a Vaio VGN-FX38M. I have been told by Sony Expert Blencogo to check in device manager to look for the camera but it is not there either. I was advised to look in all Device manager tree for a USB device with a yellow triangle next to it which had become disconnected this could be your camera. If there is no device with a yellow warning triangle next to it, then I was advised that a wire to the camera could have become disconnected and so is a hardware fault - as you have just bought your laptop it should still be in warranty, so I would return it to the company that sold it to you or contact Sony e-support for advice further.

Hope this helps, Richard

profile.country.ru_RU.title
alsidoren
Visitor

Hello. I have the same problem with my Sony VAIO FW21SR (russian). In other programs (like build-in Archos Web Cam 2.0) camera recognizes well. In device manager i have no yellow triangles and there is sony motion eye camera in USB devices list. I try for 2 days to make it works. I delete and renew drivers. Install and delete all Sony Updates. And I make it works once, but unfortunately if it works - the sony launcher and hardware buttons stop working :(( I think it's some kind of bug and conflict between sony's hardware, software and SKYPE. If somebody knows something about this bug - please inform me and others in this thread of the forum.