Join now - be part of our community!

Webcam not recognised?

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
bombaytaxidriver
Visitor

Webcam not recognised?

Just set up a brand new VPCL22K1E - webcam not recognised when I go through All Programs|Arcsoft web cam suite\Webcam companion4\capture?  Then try Connection top right ... still not recognised.  Manual gives no clue as to what to try next?!  Any ideas anyone please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
bombaytaxidriver
Visitor

Hi Rich, thanks for posting back to me on this issue.  Yes, webcam was under Imaging Devices as working correctly. 

But tell you what, I have some good news!  Sony/Windows must have seen my forum question, so I got bombarded with no less than 68 Windows7 updates late last night!  Wondered why so many of them had "Vista" in the titles, but searching around the net at work in my lunch hour today, I discovered about 5 similar webcam issues with Sony Vaio users, and they were all on Windows 7 forums.  The gist seems to be that certain Sony webcam drivers are not recognised by Windows7 as it is still such a new application.  The solution presented by everyone seemed to be to download the driver again, but in Compatablity mode, and as a Vista app (not Windows7) - this seemed to do the trick for everyone.  I was going to come home and try this today, but the updates from last night worked the magic anyway.

Much appreciated again you getting back to me and assisting.  Am thrilled with the VPCL22K1E Sony all-in-one though - a lovely machine all round so far!

Best wishes - the one who drives the taxi's in old Bombay!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bombaytaxidriver,

Is the webcam present in Device Manager under Imaging Devices. If so is it reported as working correctly?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
bombaytaxidriver
Visitor

Hi Rich, thanks for posting back to me on this issue.  Yes, webcam was under Imaging Devices as working correctly. 

But tell you what, I have some good news!  Sony/Windows must have seen my forum question, so I got bombarded with no less than 68 Windows7 updates late last night!  Wondered why so many of them had "Vista" in the titles, but searching around the net at work in my lunch hour today, I discovered about 5 similar webcam issues with Sony Vaio users, and they were all on Windows 7 forums.  The gist seems to be that certain Sony webcam drivers are not recognised by Windows7 as it is still such a new application.  The solution presented by everyone seemed to be to download the driver again, but in Compatablity mode, and as a Vista app (not Windows7) - this seemed to do the trick for everyone.  I was going to come home and try this today, but the updates from last night worked the magic anyway.

Much appreciated again you getting back to me and assisting.  Am thrilled with the VPCL22K1E Sony all-in-one though - a lovely machine all round so far!

Best wishes - the one who drives the taxi's in old Bombay!

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi bombaytaxidriver,

Great news that the problem has been solved and thanks for the details. This will hopefully be of help to other users. :slight_smile:

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat