Join now - be part of our community!

What I don't like about VAIO's........

peter4654
Visitor

What I don't like about VAIO's........

...is Windows. Spent another night reinstalling Windows because some stupid sodding dll wouldn't load. If Apple are kind enough to let people deface their computers by installing Windows (UGH!!!!) on them, I look forward to booting OSX on the VAIO. Either that or work for a company that uses MAC OSX solely. I detest the wholly crappy Windows operating system, and would love to shove Gates' dll's so far up his a** it gives him toothache:smileydevil:

7 REPLIES 7
profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

LOL thank goodness someone's got a funny post of here, it's been drab for weeks!

I have no idea why Apple want to have Windows on their PCs...... the mind boggles

GattoMatto
Visitor

I have no idea why Apple want to have Windows on their PCs

Maybe because Apple hired some ex-vaio ingeneres to project their laptops? :slight_smile:

kee-lo_

Yeah I heard about that.

munkie
Visitor

Well if it helps I'm planning to give OSX a go on my Vaio after discovering that Windows Vista will not run "aero glass" since the Intel915 chipset won't support it. However Intel915 is the chipset that Apple have been using to test OSX for X86 (OSX86 - do a search). It's going to be a challenge but should be fun.

PJ

kee-lo_

Good luck with that

noth
Visitor

I've actually been running OSX 10.4.1-10.4.5 on my TX1-XP since October. It all works, even bluetooth, except for two things:

- Can't get more than 1024x768 screen resolution and need to have a separate screen connected on boot or you get a crash

- wifi with ipw2200 (centrino built in wifi) doesn't work. Atheros chips on 10.4.5 do though.

Give It a go, it's not that hard

kee-lo_

Shame the WIFI doesn't work