Join now - be part of our community!

what is VAIO Device Searcher

SOLVED
profile.country.en_GB.title
romcgar40
Visitor

what is VAIO Device Searcher

Hello and a merry christmas to all

my question is one thats been bothering me for some weeks now every time i log onto my laptop my anti virus security McAFEE gives me a warning box with the message   this programwants to accept incoming connections from the internet                                      Program:VAIO Device Searcher

Location:C:\program files (x86)\common files\sony shared\sohlib\sohds.exe

Recommendation:Unknown program  then i have the usual 3 choices allow. block. allow once

I woulg like to know what this program is and if its connected to my new printer? as youv'e gathered im a novice at computing thanking you all in anticipation.

nana:smileyconfused:

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
romcgar40
Visitor

:slight_smile:  Thank you so much the relief is great i was quite worried that i had some virus or?????

SO MERRY XMAS and a great 2012 :smileyblush:

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nana and welcome.

sohds.exe is a part of the Sony Vaio Media software and is digitally signed and safe to have on your Vaio.  It is just checking what devices you have on your Vaio for importing and playing media files.

I am not sure why McAfee is questioning it - it is probably just not known and so it asks.

However, if you do not intend to use the Vaio Media software for video, pictures, music etc. it is up to you if you choose to let it run or block it.  It does no harm but does use up some resources.

:wink:

romcgar40
Visitor

:slight_smile:  Thank you so much the relief is great i was quite worried that i had some virus or?????

SO MERRY XMAS and a great 2012 :smileyblush: