Join now - be part of our community!

What program creates a new folder for evey jpeg with 2 smaller copies.

profile.country.es_ES.title
CasaBanderas
Visitor

What program creates a new folder for evey jpeg with 2 smaller copies.

Last October I bought a new laptop in the UK.  It was preloaded with windows 7 home.  Whenever I load a new jpeg to a folder where I store my Photos, In that same folder I immediately get a new folder with the name of the photo followed by .files, eg dcfs123.jpg.files.  This folder contains 2 copies of the photo with a much reduced size. The new file name may be a clue .. it is long with the resolution as part of the name.  There a copy attached.  I delete them regularly by doing a search on .jpg.files and deleting the lot, but as soon as I copy something to that directory or sub directory, the pictures in that are immediately duplicated to these rogue folders.

I have a friend with a Sony Vaio but using Windows Vista home and the same happens on that laptop as well.

I have about about 20 000 pictures of fairly high resolution so you can understand I don't need all these extra folders. A month ago I upgraded to Windows 8 and this problem followed me.  I cannot see any programs running in the foreground but there must be something in the background.  HELPPPP PLEASE!!!

0 REPLIES 0