Join now - be part of our community!

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

sgouros
Visitor

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!

Greetings from a prowd yet really depressed owner of a new GRT996VP VAIO.

I own my VAIO for around 2 weeks. As soon as I bought my it, I deactivated the feature which switches off the notebook when the screen is closed. The reason is that I wanted it to perform some time consuming calculations without it being open (and getting dusty)
But guess what: it wasn't late until I forgot that my totally silent laptop was still active, yet I put it in its case(it still hurts now that I'm thinking of it) As you can imagine my laptop was working without any ventilation until the battery was over, thus it became *VERY* hot. :cry:

After that unfortunate event and thanks to SONY qualtity everything is working fine ECXEPT maybe from the screen. It seems to me (although I could be wrong) that the screen now is not as black as it used to be. Black now is a bit more towards grey like when you turn brightness up.Of course it is still by far the best screen I've ever seen, however I am really not sure if it's totally OK or if I messed it up a bit.

My question is: Could excesive heat cause the screen to loose its performance on black or is it just my imagination?

Thanks in advance

George

2 REPLIES 2
JoeB.
Visitor

Hi,

your screen is fine... as long as it is evenly lit.

Joe

profile.country.en_GB.title
kee-lo_

I think your screen will be fine.