Join now - be part of our community!

Whats wrong with my vaio?

Katie1993
Visitor

Whats wrong with my vaio?

A few weeks ago my laptop screen went green then black and the lights were still flashing i turned it off and then on and the start up had blue dotted lines (the vaio part and the microsoft loading bar part)it worked still but those lines where still there at start up but then after a while it wouldnt go into windows and the hardrive light wouldnt flash so i formatted it and it started to go back into windows but the lines were still on start up i was starting to live with it as it was only on start up but a few days ago it stopped going into windows again and the hardrive light wouldnt flash but it would go into safe mode, i did the bios hardware scan and it said everything was working fine and i have never dropped my laptop so im not sure what the problem is. someone said it was RAM failure so i bought new RAM and its still the same, i dont have a recovery disk and my guarentee ran out 3 months ago. i dont know what to do. I have a VGN-NR31J

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi Katie,

Do you still see the first Vaio Logo screen?

If so you may be able to recover your Vaio to the factory settings. Have a look at Page 32 of your 'Recovery and Troubleshooting guide' - see the section headed 'To Recover your Computer System from the Recovery Partition'.

VGN-NE31J Recovery and Troubleshooting Guide

:wink: