Join now - be part of our community!

When is the next Firmware Update??

Chris384
Visitor

When is the next Firmware Update??

Will there ever be another firmware update or are sony just going to leave this pocket player to die while they meke new ones?

if there is then i think the way songs and albums are organised should be sorted out, at the moment on my player i have (for example) a muse song on a compilation album, when i am on the artist menu next to muse it says, ther is 1 muse song on the player, when i click that it brings up the album screen which says that there are 20 muse songs, because there are 20 songs on the compilation album!!! this (i think) needs to be sorted out!

also, if the vaio plyer is capable of video playback i would really like sony to make an update to do this! i would be more than willing to pay for this update (i suppose that i would have to) cos sony will never release a free video update when they are going to release the new video player!!

[EDIT]
also why can you only record either 48kps, 64kps or 256kps

48 and 64 are too low in my opinion, and 256 reduces the battery life far to much!! why isn't there a 96kps or 128kps option, this is just stupid!

2 REPLIES 2
dmslider
Visitor

Regarding the Playback quality , you are in attrac3PLUS. If you go into the Format settings and just use Attrac3 you are able to use 128kbps. What i use!!!!!

Chris384
Visitor

but is atrac3 as good quality as atrac3 plus?