Join now - be part of our community!

Which driver controls the FN key functions?

profile.country.en_GB.title
thather62
Visitor

Which driver controls the FN key functions?

Did a clean Re-install and now my FN key functions do not work which driver(s) do I need?

Sony Vaio VGN-NW20EF/S

Cheers

Tags (3)
25 REPLIES 25
profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi @vtzivaras,

Assuming that the SFEP driver is installed and recognised in Device Manager, try installing Sony Shared Library followed by Sony Notebook Utilities.

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/content/cnt-dwnl/SVE1511D1E/list#os2

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vtzivaras
Explorer

Hi there, thank you for aSnswering. How can i be sure that SFEP driver was recognized and it is working? 😕 Ok i did that but still there is no function in Fn keys that control brighness. Notice that Fn keys that control Volume are working. Also at the control panel there is no blighness settings. Any ideas? 😕

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Hi @vtzivaras,

If Sony Firmware Extension Parser Device has installed you will find it listed in Device Manager under Human Interface Devices.

If there are still problems then we will need further details of the operating system and any upgrades.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
vtzivaras
Explorer

Hi, yes i can find it there. So it is installed. It should be working. But as is said i can t find any settings about brighness. 😕 Any ideas?

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Reinstalling Sony Shared Library and Sony Notebook Utilities usually solves the problem you have with Fn key brightness issues but without the details I requested regarding OS - original or clean install/upgraded it is difficult to advise further.

You could try uninstalling Vaio Event Service from within Control Panel - Programmes and features and then reinstall Sony Shared Library and Sony Notebook Utilities. If you have carried out a clean install of the OS then it may be necessary to install all drivers and utilities available for your model on the support site.

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat
Sgfhghrtr
New

Hi. I need FN key driver for sony VGN-TZ2RXN. Tnx