Join now - be part of our community!

Why cant i email sony from the attached URL

SOLVED
profile.country.en_IE.title
esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Why cant i email sony from the attached URL

I am trying to contact sony, as I have spent 1500euro on a Notebook and I think I deserve an answer. And a word of warning to anyone who tries to silence me.

I will not leave until i am treated like a proper customer

If you select "send an email" from this link I get the message "There is a problem with the form"

I have tried this on IE, Firefox and Safari.

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/email/email.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Well, as promised, I have tried to get Vaio Support to contact you and I received an almost immediate reponse.

There would appear to be no valid warranty registered against this Vaio and this is why you were not offered email support on the website.  So either the Sony extended warranty has never been registered or it is with a third party dealership scheme and not with Sony.  For products outside warranty, Sony only offers phone support via a premium phone line.

Even so, I think they would have considered contacting you direct on this occasion until they saw that the Vaio is registered in a false name.  I thought you had corrected your registration details?

Anyway, they refuse to try to contact Mickey Mouse (I've left out the middle name out of decency) - so this leaves the premium phone line as your only way forward to sort out the purchase date and the warranty status.

I will bow out now as there is no more I can do and leave this between yourself and Vaio Support.

:smileyblush:

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I suggest you change your username if you really want help. Start acting like a proper customer otherwise your posts will be deleted as this is a forum for all ages.

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Been using the username for years, it makes people smile usually

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Thanks - that's better!

I will escalate your problem to Sony for them to check if there is a fault in the system.  I think phone support is working.

Is your Vaio still within the warranty period?

Like most manufacturers these days, Sony do not provide Recovery Discs with new computers but place the recovery software in a hidden partition on the hard drive.  The 'Getting Started Guide' and the 'Troubleshooting and Recovery Guide' - both supplied with your Vaio when new - advise you to burn your own set of Recovery Discs onto 3 DVDs using the Vaio Recovery Centre to safeguard against hard drive failure.  Here is a copy of the Recovery Guide: -

ftp://ftp.vaio-link.com/pub/Manuals/RecoTS/2010Q1_TRG_EN.pdf

Because of this, Sony will charge a fee for supplying additional Recovery Discs.

If I get a reply from Sony, I will pass the info on to you.

:thinking:

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Ok i made 1 mistake in not creating the  the DVD's but i have been working with computers for 20 years support and teaching. And i should have been able to recover from the hidden partition if i didn't get around to creating the dvd's

Along with most of my co workers, when we get new computers we wipe the manufacturers setup as its full of crap that we dont want (trial software etc) . We keep the hidden partition and install a clean version of Windows

on the C drive. We usually reformat the C about 3-4 times a year.

So as it was easter break i decided to create the DVD's from the partition. As per the manual and reseller i went through the f10 etc and the recovery started but then gave some error i think to do with the master boot record.

After spending days trying to get in touch with Sony mainly through the email form (but the form didnt work on 3 browsers and different machines). i was left with no option but to wipe the entire hard drive and partition.

What is annoying is that Sony are impossible to contact and there web contact form doesn't work. Also i can't see why it is not possible to download the DVD's from the internet. I just downloaded Adobe Master Suite (+5gb) in less than 30 minutes

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Also i meant to say, even if i was going to pay for them and needed them urgently, even at that they don't even have a page to order them.

Yeah i got it about 10 months  with a 3 year warranty

Thanks

for the help

Garry

Message was edited by: esoumginkcufyekcim

Message was edited by: esoumginkcufyekcim

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I don't know a single user who would not prefer to have a genuine set of discs with their purchase - but I fear we have lost that battle.

I'll get back if I hear any news.

:neutral:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

The Sony Web Team are investigating.

They may want to contact you direct.  Could you make sure your contact details are up to date on the Vaio's Registration page?

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Vaio Support have confirmed the email support is working but this is a different location from the general Sony email area.

If you go to this URL: -

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

And choose Vaio Support on the right, you will be taken to the Vaio Support home page.

Enter your Vaio's Serial Number, Get in Touch and then choose email support.

I agree with you that the process could be much clearer.

Let me know how you get on.

esoumginkcufyekcim
Visitor

Not so good im afraid

i start off at your link

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/index.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

Then I choose Vaio Support on the right,

I enter my Vaio's Serial Number

I select Get in Touch

On the next page after a long time searching i find a tab where i can choose email support.

I then end up back at the original link i put on the forum

http://support.sony-europe.com/contacts/email/email.aspx?site=odw_en_GB

i fill out the form that i have filled out so many times before and i get the error on the attached image

"Sorry, there was an error with your submission"

??