Join now - be part of our community!

Why does a replacement hard drive for my laptop cost nearly £500 from a sony approved repairer

SOLVED
profile.country.GB.title
mgiles
New

Why does a replacement hard drive for my laptop cost nearly £500 from a sony approved repairer

My laptop is about 18 months old and the hard drive has failed.  Took it to a sony approved repairer who wanted nearly £500 to repair it.  The main cost was in the replacement hard drive from sony, it was nearly £400.  I can't believe that sony can charge such silly prices for replacement parts.  Made contact with sony who contacted me and said would ring again with a potential solution.  Unfortunately never did receive that phonecall.  Have since had it repaired for £104, the hard drive cost about £52.  Have other sony customers had a similar experience?  I shall definately think twice in future about purchasing a sony product

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mgiles,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..

I've  passed your comments on to one of our contacts with Vaio support &  have been informed that hopefully some one should be in contact with you  soon..

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Thalamus.
Champion

Hi mgiles,

welcome to Questions & Asnwers..

I've  passed your comments on to one of our contacts with Vaio support &  have been informed that hopefully some one should be in contact with you  soon..