Join now - be part of our community!

Why does my cursor move when I'm typing?

profile.country.en_GB.title
darhasla
Visitor

Why does my cursor move when I'm typing?

I have a VGN-NR32L laptop and the cursor moves to somewhere else when I'm typing. It is really annoying as I have to keep on checking the document I'm typing.

I've googled for an answer but some posts eslewhere say to update the driver for the touchpad, but I don't know how to do this as I can't find a driver for the touchpad!

Any solutions?

5 REPLIES 5
mickydee
Visitor

Its a known defect

Your driver for the touchpad can be found in the desktop - go into (mouse)

You can adjust the sensitivity of the touchpad and disable (tapping)

The best solution I found was to google and download a small program called (touchfreeze) which freezes the cursor while typing :wink:

darhasla
Visitor

Hi

Thanks for that I'll take a look at that touchfreeze as I don't have the driver on my laptop, which I think is since I had to wipe clean my OS and upgrade to windows 7. I have emailed Sony and they said that they would put the driver on their home page.....still waiting for that to be done.

Cheers

mummybot
Visitor

Just a thought, and this might sound silly, but I had the exact same problem when I first purchased a laptop a few years ago. I complained to the shop and with a wry smile the guy said that I should make sure that I kept my hands well clear of the touch pad while typing.

When he mentioned it I thought he was daft and that couldn't be the problem. But it turned out as I paid more attention to what I was doing with my hands whilst typing that sometimes they (or a sleeve) did drift across the touch pad and send the mouse cursor careering off somewhere else.

Don't know if this helps, but it was what was 'wrong' with my first laptop (an error between the keyboard and the chair)!

bluephoenix71
Visitor

I have installed what you have recommended, I am using now VPCSB1V9E laptop with OS of Windows 7... It seems not working though... on the website it is compatible with XP/NT/2000.  Does that mean it will not work with Windows 7?

Hope anyone can answer since in the Sony shop, for them it's unheard of such problem! :wink:

profile.country.GB.title
rich912
Contributor

Rather than installing third party software have you investigated the advanced options for the touchpad?

Rich

Go n-éirí an bóthar leat